Friday, June 5, 2009

Just DANCE -

Okay, I haven't posted in a long while, haven't felt inspired or haven't remembered to do so... besides that -
I have decided to take this small moment to tell the one person who reads this blog - ME - to remember to .. Just Dance - yes, like the lady GaGa song - da da doo doo, just dance.
So much a part of my memory is music - at least the triggor points. I feel my memories through music. I hear a song that takes me back to a time in my life and I feel for a brief second, that time again - when Natalie was born - the season premier of Greys Anatomy was just about to air so all I heard was The Frey - how to save a life - now, when I hear that song, I feel that feeling again, that feeling of just having my first child - When Sylvia was born COMPLETELY different song - it was Jesse Mcartny - the G-V song .. anyways, I didn't realize just how important the music memories were to me until the other day when I was driving down the road listening to some Reba and her song "you lie" came on - holy crap I was 12 again - My dad used to put that song on loud as can be and we would all whail (I think me more than anyone else) trying to hit those high notes... You LIEEEEEEEE, you don't want to hurt me .. so you LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Driving down the road I grinned from ear to ear and you know what I did ... I tried yet again, 17 years later to hit that high note - gave myself a headache and a smile all at the same time - I decided then and there that I was going to make music memories and plenty of other wacky memories for my kids too ... sooooo, in 17 years when Natalie is driving down the road she is going hear .. just dance...da da doo doo - and she is going to grin from ear to ear and start to dance -
Happy memories are important - cause your child to grin from ear to ear when they get older - ; ) and every day along the way -

No comments:

Post a Comment